I am in need of a C++ programmer to create a quicksort program for a task list.
The program would take a simple list of 200 to 300 items and taking each one seperately, using the quicksort algorithm to ask the user which of the two is the most important (or urgent). When complete, the program would then list the 200 items from the most importanrt (or urgent) to the least important (or urgent).
You would think a program like this would already exist. Trust me. It doesn't.
My dilemma is that unlike most people I am not time-oriented, but project-oriented. With that in mind, it is not unusual for me to have a list of 200 to 300 projects. Sadly, I do not share your father's knack for prioritization and therefore I need a gimmick to help me as looking at a list of 200-300 projects can put me in a form of paralyzed stasis.
Quite simply, what I'm looking for is a simple program that will allow me to take a list of 200 to 300 projects, compare them one by one answering the question "what is most important\urgent\profitable?", and then using a quicksort come up with an ordered list that is logically ordered from the most important, etc. to the least important.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quicksort (there is already code available on that site)
That quite frankly that is all I need. However, if somebody has time and interest, there might be some bells and whistles I would ask them to consider:
- Allow me to assign groups to each individual project. For instance, my groups personally would be Work, Financial, Personal, Bucket List, Family and a host of others. Assigning groups would allow me to work only on church projects within the church office, and other projects when I am in other circumstances.
- Allow me to import and export the list to and from Microsoft Word.
- Allow me to insert projects into the list without the necessity of having to go through the quicksort program again. By the by, the first time one would do a quicksort with 200 to 300 projects it will probably take anywhere from one to two hours.
- Actually allow me to ask ALL THREE criteria (important\urgent\profitable) and allow me to print out lists with that critieria as well.
- Even though I am not time oriented, some of the projects I do are and it would be nice to assign a complete by date to some individual projects.
Again, these are what I consider bells and whistles. Whatever anybody can do would be deeply appreciated.
By the bye, I would suggest any volunteer to seriously consider selling this program through some type of shareware program as there is no other to do list on the market that does this.
When I used this type of program for the Macintosh many years ago my level of productivity was dramatic. I hope that having access to similar tool will bring back that level of productivity.
One other favor. I would love to see what the program code looks like. Sending me the code along with the program would be most appreciated.