Looking at my list, there are several other literary characters (some already used in stories) that I've taken from real life:
- The well-dressed, very polite man dressed as a character from a steampunk novel that I met at Wal-Mart.
- The D&D LARPers (Live Action Role Play) quintet that I met on the Appalachian Trail.
- The two brain-dead bullies from my childhood that had more brawn than intelligence. Their characters died. Horribly. It was very theraputic. ;-)
- The goth girl I met at a party many years ago looking tall, dark, tragic, and wistful.
- The very-well dressed businesswoman who stopped by my office years ago for directions. She was almost 100 miles off track and her terror was so extreme I offered her my phone to call anybody in the world (literally) so she could gain some semblance of control. This was before the popularity of cell phones. She turned down my offer and left and I have always wondered why she was so scared she shook like a leaf.